Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Bengals need to move on from Jeremy Hill
(09-21-2016, 12:02 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Hill is the guy that completely out ran Gio in 2014 and he can still do that.

I'm watching a replay of the Skins-Cowboys games at the moment and I see good run blocking, sweeps with two pulling guards and counter plays. I see runs where the OL is getting a push.

With the Bengals I see defenders in the backfield as soon as the hand off occurs. Hill needs a hole to run through. Doesn't need to be big, but it can't be a guy coming through the hole the other direction.

Hill isn't the target. The OL and run blocking scheme are the correct target for what needs to be fixed.

If you wanta talk about "yards per", Hill have higher yards per catch on Sunday. But that doesn't make me want Hill to be the 3rd down RB.

That's because Hill is far inferior at picking up blitzes and pass blocking. Also Gio had 100 yards receiving, leading the team in receptions, yards, and TDs.

That's not even slightly the same as you're comparing a highly above average performance with another above average performance receiving, we're talking about an above average performance versus an among-worst-in-the-league-performance running, which is what Hill has been so far this year and last.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Bengals need to move on from Jeremy Hill - TheLeonardLeap - 09-21-2016, 02:22 AM