Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protests erupt in Charlotte after police kill man; 12 officers hurt
(09-21-2016, 12:58 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: That situation being a black man pulled over by the cops? One dude was leaning up against his car with his hands up and he was shot. Another guy was sitting in his car complying and was shot.

I'm not sure what incident you're describing in the former example but in the Castille incident you absolutely do not know for a fact that he was complying.  You have two stories, diverging quite a bit, how do you know which one is correct? 

Quote:The "respect cops" excuse is gone. I'm not going to cry foul with cases like Michael Brown. That was justified. I just don't understand how someone can keep suggesting it's a lack of a respect for cops after Philandro Castile. 

Again, you don't know what happened in that incident.  What you do know, for a fact, is that this kind of occurrence is extremely rare.  So no, the "respect cops" excuse is not gone because if it you respond with respect you're going to be fine 99.999999% of the time.  Sorry, something that happens so rarely, even assuming this case was a bad shoot, is not a national issue.  Tragic for those involved, no doubt, but not a national issue.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Protests erupt in Charlotte after police kill man; 12 officers hurt - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 09-21-2016, 02:02 PM