Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Pharaoh, Exodus, God, and the Meme that started an argument
(09-21-2016, 09:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I guess the only point that I was that it is just as wrong to ridicule folk for believing, as it is for folk of a particular religion to hold bias against another individual, simply because of their particular religious beliefs.  Personally, I was raised with religion, but I choose not to practice, for a multitude of reasons.  However, I see the value in folks having something fundamental, like a religion to believe in.  Now, if that particular religion's doctrine instructs believers to convert or kill all who do not think likewise, I may have an issue.  We should look at those people a little more closely.

I come to all of this, because it appeared to me that one man was being attacked in group fashion, simply for his beliefs.  Not because he was propagating hate, just because he was expressing a view.  Even though I don't practice any organized religion, I don't think that is right.

Agree with that although I'm not sure who the target you're referencing is.  I just think it's amazing how people can claim they are simultaneously the 'moral majority' and being 'persecuted' for their beliefs.  

That type of sensitivity to questioning said beliefs lies within the 'persecuted' not the person pointing out obvious fallacies their worldview is based on.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Pharaoh, Exodus, God, and the Meme that started an argument - Vas Deferens - 09-21-2016, 10:44 PM