Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protests erupt in Charlotte after police kill man; 12 officers hurt
(09-22-2016, 09:31 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I didn't say that actually, and if that is how you interpreted it, I'm sorry.

99% of these shootings include then"victim" putting themselves in the situation, not cooperating, or escalating the situation.

Let's take 100% of the shootings.

How many put themselves in the situation, how many pointed a weapon/gun at a cop, and how many didn't cooperate? Had these "victims" done any of those 3 we wouldn't be talking a bit shootons.

You need to put a little more responsibility on citizens.  We are grown ass adults making decisions in the real world.  Cops don't need to babysit our immature or irrational decisions.  

Again, police make mistakes and should be punished but I wouldn't want to be a cop
In this day and world.  Dead if you don't, damned if you do.

(09-21-2016, 12:06 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Why can't we respect authority? Police officers have a tough job and if the people listened to their orders they wouldn't get shot.  Simple as that.  Are they wrong and do they make mistakes?  Absolutely, more than their fair share.  But I would be 99% of the shootings are due to citizens putting themselves in a situation where a shooting can occur

And police are not trained to shoot to injure... Never have been.

If you want to clarify your remarks, go ahead, but own what you said.

Like I said, your comments may have been relevant for Michael Brown, but they're less and less relevant as guys are getting shot in situations that suggest no resistance or threat occurred. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Protests erupt in Charlotte after police kill man; 12 officers hurt - BmorePat87 - 09-22-2016, 09:44 AM