Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protests erupt in Charlotte after police kill man; 12 officers hurt
(09-22-2016, 08:25 AM)GMDino Wrote: But you won't.  You'll attack the messenger.

The post I quoted:

The site I quoted showed multiple times where a person with a gun , sometimes aiming it at the police, did not get shot.  That leads to the questions about why other times the victim is shot.  I was directly addressing the supposition that having a gun is asking to get shot.  Clearly it is not.

Clearly the police do not shoot EVERY person they interact with, gun or no.

But that does not mean we can not question why a man in Tulsa is dead when he didn't have a weapon.  Or a man who told police he had a gun is dead.  Or a guy standing outside his car his dead.

But what you posted wasn't really questioning why some people get shot, and some people don't, it was showing where specifically white people didn't get shot.  You probably can't find as many incidents where a black man has a gun and doesn't get shot, because that doesn't make a good story.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Protests erupt in Charlotte after police kill man; 12 officers hurt - michaelsean - 09-22-2016, 09:47 AM