Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protests erupt in Charlotte after police kill man; 12 officers hurt
(09-22-2016, 10:59 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So a black cop shot a black person. And racism against whites is an underlying theme of the riots?

Where is the leader of the white guilt power movement to explain this to me? Fred?

There is no excuse for the riots, but I can explain why they are enraged.

The protest is not just against individual racism.  The protest is against institutional racism.  And in this case it seems that the leaders of the "institution" (the mayor of Charlotte) is suppressing the evidence of what happened.

Think of it this way.  The video must look pretty bad for the Mayor to allow her city to go up in flames by not releasing it.

Police videos are good for both sides.  They protect officers from false claims of abuse, and they protect the citizens from improper action at the hands of law enforcement.  But they have to be seen to serve this purpose.

To the black community it must seem like the system is getting over on them by suppressing the video.  If you could take a moment to look at it from their point of view then you would understand what I mean.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Protests erupt in Charlotte after police kill man; 12 officers hurt - fredtoast - 09-23-2016, 12:17 AM