Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Bengals need to move on from Jeremy Hill
(09-23-2016, 02:25 PM)3wt Wrote: I agree with this and so does Lap.   Hill does better behind a lead blocker, our interior O line is blocking poorly and there is not a lot of continuity.  Hill will make a nice run and come right off the field.   I think they need to design more of the play calling with Hill and Hewitt on the field - with enough variation that the D can't just tee off,  they can stay on the field longer and go up tempo.   I think we'd see the development of a play action game and open the middle of the field more for our TEs and RBs to take advantage of.

You're always going to have some runs stuffed but things tend to open up. 

Last night Blount carried the ball 7 times in the first half for 11 yards,    1.6 yards per carry

In the second half he carried the ball 17 times for 94 yards - 3.8 yards a carry.  Eliminate the 41 yard touchdown run and he ran for 2.4 yards a carry.

Announcers raved about Blount and it was considered a very successful night for Blount and the Patriots.

He carried the ball a lot more in the 2nd half carrying it 7 times out of 11 in the first series of the 2nd half and 4 times out of 8 in the 2nd.  The first series resulted in a field goal.  The 2nd series (in which he averaged 2.5 yards a carry) ended in a touchdown.

What stuck in my mind was that they stuck with the run in the 2nd half and it bore fruit despite a less than exciting yards per carry total.  The other thing was that their guards played great and their receivers blocked great - including 5'10" 200lb. Edelman.  They really sustain their blocks.  They were also using a fullback on a lot of his carries.

I'm not saying that Hill doesn't need to improve some things.  I'm just saying the team needs to man up around him - including the coaches.

Obvious difference being the Patriots had a third string rookie quarterback playing.  No how, no way did they want to put the game in his hands.  That would probably have been very different with Brady playing.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Bengals need to move on from Jeremy Hill - OrlandoBengal - 09-23-2016, 05:32 PM