We're Screwed
Not As Bad As I Think
Ray's That Good
Growing Pains
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody Else Worried About Ogbuehi?
(09-27-2016, 04:10 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Also, one thing I don't like is people bringing up the fact of an extra O-lineman means that the pass blocking will get better. Not necessarily the case.

You have 6 O-lineman. Then there's the QB. That leaves 4 potential receivers. Including possible RB and TE. It limits audibles and isn't really a positive when it comes to passing plays. It works for the running attack, but not so much passing attack. It limits the play calls and style.

Defenses could call a 4 man rush and have 7 players on 4 receivers. One most likely out of the backfield. So play up to him and you don't have to cover all that much and hope you get a coverage sack or even a throw away. Even a forced throw.

Not a fan of the extra lineman during passing plays. Especially late in the 4th.

Right, we had the same issue in '09, when we had to go to the unbalanced sets to try and mask the o line's deficiencies.  We blamed Palmer then, I haven't seen Andy blamed too much this time around.....I wonder when they'll finally stare at the elephant in the room?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anybody Else Worried About Ogbuehi? - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-27-2016, 04:22 PM