Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I Would Like to Talk (Civilly) About the Generalization of "White People"
(09-28-2016, 03:20 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You know, the fact we've all spent this much time on this shows just convoluted and stupid it can get (not the subject matter or the points made, just the sheer volume of definition.

It really should be this simple: No one today, on this planet, is responsible for anyone's actions that lived prior to them.  I can't control or change anything anyone did before I was born.  It doesn't matter if it was the year before I was born, or 1,000 years ago.  I did nothing, influenced nothing, controlled nothing, and was aware of absolutely nothing.  The same goes for me, you and everybody.

Apparently some U.N appointed experts think otherwise, as they think the U.S. should pay reparations to descendants of some kind. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/should-us-pay-reparations-for-slavery-united-nations-working-groups-think-so/

My response to them is to go **** off, and help some hungry kid somewhere as that is what they are pretty much good for anyways. They dont mention Europeans should also pay, which is convenient considering all this racist bullshit in the western hemisphere started with them to begin with.

So I agree, we shouldnt be held accountable for the actions of Europeans and Americans from 150 to 500 years ago. Besides  it was the Civil War that the ultimate price for slavery was paid, which was thousands of blood stained fields.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Would Like to Talk (Civilly) About the Generalization of "White People" - Millhouse - 09-28-2016, 03:48 PM