We're Screwed
Not As Bad As I Think
Ray's That Good
Growing Pains
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody Else Worried About Ogbuehi?
(09-28-2016, 01:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Meh. I clicked on "growing pains" for Ogbuehi because I think the kid can only go up from here. That doesn't mean I approve of Paul Alexander. I'm sure many of the folks who clicked that option feel the same way.

You can count me as one of those who voted the same, and feel the same as you.  Paul Alexander may have been a good OL coach, developer of talent, and even innovative with his blocking schemes at one point in time, but that time is not now, nor has it been that time in a few years.  It's like basic, fundamental skills like "firing off the ball" on running plays has been lost, the concept of blocking "from the inside, moving outward" on passing plays is also a lost idea with him. 

My point is, the OL should be the most physically aggressive unit on the team, not a set of uniquely skilled "finesse athletes".  The fundementals of football are blocking and tackling, and right now, and for quite a while, our OL Coach is not getting his guys to fundamentally block.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anybody Else Worried About Ogbuehi? - SunsetBengal - 09-28-2016, 05:27 PM