Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It’s expensive to be poor
(09-22-2016, 02:30 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: So I didn't read through all of it because I'm lazy, but I think I got the jist.  I have my child support payments set up through the state to come directly out of my pay CHECKS, no fees involved.  I have free checking with Chase... this guy needs to learn the system.

(09-22-2016, 06:39 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Yes.  Article should have been titled "It's expensive to be stupid/lazy"

Pretty much. If you're a veteran, take your DD214 to the bank and the majority of them will give you an account with no maintenance fees or minimum amount. Same deal if you're active duty.

Outside of shopping around and talking to people to get free checking, has everyone forgotten how to keep a checkbook? Or just keep a physical account of your balance?

When I go to get money out of the ATM, I get a receipt of my balance and put it in my wallet. If I use my debit card to buy something, I will put that receipt in my wallet. The day's over? Take out the receipts, take out a pen, and calculate how much you have left in your account. Throw the shopping receipts away and put the ATM receipt back into your wallet. You now know exactly how much you have in your account without needing a smartphone or internet for online banking. Never have to worry about overdrawing again.

It's really that easy.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
It’s expensive to be poor - GMDino - 09-22-2016, 08:57 AM
RE: It’s expensive to be poor - Benton - 09-22-2016, 10:32 AM
RE: It’s expensive to be poor - TheLeonardLeap - 09-28-2016, 09:13 PM
RE: It’s expensive to be poor - xxlt - 09-28-2016, 03:33 PM