Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what's going on in your state?
(09-29-2016, 02:16 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Kind of bland here in Kentucky, with the biggie being Rand Paul up for re-election. Lexington Mayor Jim Gray, one of the more boring democrats I've run across, is his opponent. Gray is also CEO of Gray Construction, a pretty successful design/build company that's been around for several decades. His business acumen is known to be solid among regional circles, and I believe he has good insight into the struggles smaller businesses face in the current economic climate. He supports a strong military, education, social security stabilization, and campaign finance reform. But he's likely a blueberry floating in a bowl of tomato soup.

Unfortunately we are stuck with Mitch McConnell and Governor Matt Bevin until the next election cycle....

Bevin's going to provide plenty to talk about the next few years. Videos of lawmakers not showing up (mainly because they're in recess), antagonistic text messages to the attorney general, removing the name's of political rivals from state buildings. He's pushing for right-to-work legislation now, but his next thing will be charter schools. I'm expecting that next May-June, after schools let out. It didn't get much notoriety, but one of the first things he did was work around previous legislation allowing school districts to publish financial records online. The thinking is he wanted them in newspapers to influence older voters (who tend to be newspaper readers and not online) when he makes the push for making it look like public schools are broke (which, they aren't, but you can manipulate the numbers that direction).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: So what's going on in your state? - Benton - 09-29-2016, 02:47 PM