Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what's going on in your state?
(09-29-2016, 03:32 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: As a fellow CT resident, and state employee.

CT is kind of a mess right now. Economically, the recent budget cuts have resulted in massive amounts of layoffs and the reduction and or elimination of a lot of public services, especially in the judicial branch. Budget is probably number one on people's minds with one Senate spot and 5 representative spots on the ballot. 

No marijuana on the ballot, but if Massachusetts passes it and sees economic improvement, there would probably be a big push for CT to make some money off of legalization as well.

As a judicial employee, I'm under the impression that heroin is making a huge comeback. But I have no numbers to back that up, just anecdotal. 

I get the budget woes. We are currently facing a $1.2 billion shortfall and the conversations being had are not very fun among managers.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: So what's going on in your state? - Belsnickel - 09-29-2016, 07:15 PM