Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fine line between autism and genius
(09-30-2016, 09:16 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: My biggest thing would be the Debate Commission chairman letting it slip that the candidates knew the questions ahead of time.
Did anyone else catch that ?

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

It's my understanding that the candidates usually know the questions ahead of time. It's often how the debates work. The candidates are provided the primary questions so that they can prepare an initial response and have notes for what they anticipate their opponent saying. It's what the debate prep is all about.

Edit: I was actually completely wrong about that. http://www.debates.org/index.php?page=2016debates

Quote:All debates will be moderated by a single individual and will run from 9:00-10:30 p.m. Eastern Time without commercial breaks. As always, the moderators alone will select the questions to be asked, which are not known to the CPD or to the candidates. The moderators will have the ability both to extend the segments and to ensure that the candidates have equal speaking time. While the focus will properly be on the candidates, the moderator will regulate the conversation so that thoughtful and substantive exchanges occur. The CPD is in discussion with technology and civic groups that will provide data to the moderators to assist them in identifying the subjects that are most important to the public.

Which is very interesting because once those topics are announced they need to essentially have as many notes as possible in front of them to make sure they have the necessary information on the topics because anything could be asked in those segments.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fine line between autism and genius - Belsnickel - 09-30-2016, 09:26 AM