Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
82 shot, 14 fatalities, over the 4th of July weekend
(07-10-2015, 09:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Strict registration laws have no effect in Chicago because it is such a limited area.  It would like like making possession of heroine only illegal in one city.  It has no effect on that small of a scale.

Why are people so opposed to gun registration laws.  It just doesn't make any sense.  They don't stop to think of the logic of the argument.  They just have a knee jerk anti-gun reaction.

They refuse to acknowledge that registering cars to owners is very effective.  They refuse to acknowledge that many drug dealers are in jail because they got caught possessing the drug when they were not actually using it.

And the fantasy that everyone would be safer if everyone had guns has been proven wrong by the abundance of gang related killings, and also the level of violence in the 19th century western territories.  They cling to a fantasy that has been proven wrong.

And when all else fails they post one anecdotal story that proves nothing.  There are many more children killed by their parents guns than people killed by the guns of federal agents, but they somehow feel that one random story proves they are right.

It is silly.

No the silly thing is to think you could just regulate things away.

You mention children killed by their parents' guns. What is your answer; parents cannot own guns?

I think all weapons should be registered (I have no idea of any law abiding citizen that would be opposed to this), but as I said earlier: I'm not so naive to think that an additional restriction will keep guns out of the hands of criminals that want them. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: 82 shot, 14 fatalities, over the 4th of July weekend - bfine32 - 07-10-2015, 09:55 PM