Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did we whiff on two OTs (Fisher and Og) in last year's draft?
(09-30-2016, 05:44 PM)McC Wrote: Ah, the ol' I'm not jumping the gun but I really am thread.  A true classic.

Just a reminder.  Think back to the beginning of Andre Smith's career.

In fairness, as the 6th overall pick, Andre was most certainly a bust.

He played for 7 year with the Bengals, produced 1 great year, 1 okay year, 2 bad years, and 3 terrible years.

That's a bust.

(09-30-2016, 07:29 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Zeitler has been a very good player for us, and to think otherwise is crazy.

He's playing next to Bodine and Ogubehi. Ogubehi can't anchor and stay engaged. Bodine whiffs blocks and also can't anchor. Zeitler is the only bright spot to the right side. Zeitler isn't bad at all.

He's viewed as one of the best offensive guards out there. By CBS, PFF, BleacherReport, Sports Illustrated, etc. Gave up only 1 sack all of last year.

And it's not like he's just getting credit for being one of the best offensive guards. He's been getting praise since 2014.

Even this year, Zeitler has played well. Had two false starts last game but otherwise has done well. Especially when looking at who he's playing between.

Zeitler is a Pro Bowl player. Outside of Yanda, Turner, Martin, and possibly DeCastro, what other right offensive guards would you put ahead of him?

Zeitler has been an above average player for the Bengals I have never denied that. That said, he was marketed as a serious monster in the run game, who would constantly pancake his assignments. They even traded down to get him rather than staying where they were and picking All-Pro DeCastro. He hasn't lived up to draft hype/expectations.

Zeitleris not a Pro Bowl player, because he has never been to the Pro Bowl. Nor has he been 1st or 2nd Team All-Pro. He also hasn't done well this year. Not sure what games you've been watching.

(09-30-2016, 07:34 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Cedric didn't play last year and Fisher didn't play his actual position so I'm pretty sure you knew what I meant. They're pretty much rookies as far as playing goes, especially Ced. 

People did this for 4 year with Kirkpatrick. "Oh, he was essentially a rookie". If you are not eligible to win the ROY award, you are not a rookie. Done.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did we whiff on two OTs (Fisher and Og) in last year's draft? - TheLeonardLeap - 10-01-2016, 01:11 AM