Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Time to pump the brakes: the Oline isn't that bad.
(09-30-2016, 08:54 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I remember as a child asking my father why the RB would always run into the backs of the linemen instead of running to where there were no people.  As he poignantly pointed out, that is where the play is designed to go, so he must have faith that the guys up front will open the hole for him.  If he doesn't, the play is destined to fail before it begins.

But it seems to me that Bernard is suffering the same fate, with even less results, so it again falls back to the o-line.

Could just be a vision thing.   The great running backs all were known for having great vision.  I have no real idea what is going on with Hill & Gio.   I don't know if there's not a hole , their unable to anticipate the hole or they just don't know what decision to make (go to daylight or wait for the O-lineman).

I will say that once they get in open space they both look really good.  I still feel that Hill goes down a little easy - but hey, if it keeps him from fumbling I'm OK with that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Time to pump the brakes: the Oline isn't that bad. - 3wt - 10-01-2016, 02:56 PM