Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which one is guilty of assault?
(07-12-2015, 08:59 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Does the building security have to identify themselves  when he refers to them as the security as soon as they walk in?

I doubt he'll be able to justify attacking this man who was just doing his job. He went beyond "self defense". A quick google only defines self defense in Ohio in the cases of defending yourself from death or great bodily harm in your residence, work, or vehicle.

All also mention the duty to retreat. He could have retreated after that first punch but then runs at the man and just starts pummeling him like a lunatic.

This isn't anywhere cloSe to self defense

Legally, dunno.

But they should. Every time I've had an agency object to me recording, they've identified themselves and given the KRS (state law) or local ordinance. I've had people throw things, spit at and be rough with me, but never actually jerk a camera or recording device out of my hand. That said, I'm a pacifist and wouldn't respond in the same manner. But, the security guard has no right that I'm aware of to grab the recording device without first identifying himself and the statute of law for barring a recording device (which in any state it rare).

As far as touching the worker, ok. It would be hard pressed to call that assault, but an unwanted touch is an unwanted touch. Which still doesn't give a security guard the right to take a recording device off your person, only ask you to remain in place until law enforcement agency arrives.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which one is guilty of assault? - Benton - 07-12-2015, 09:30 PM