Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grope a dope: Trump is on the ropes now
(10-11-2016, 06:15 PM)Dill Wrote: I agree. One of the tenets of "rape culture" seems to be that unless a woman goes to the police she has consented to whatever was done to her.

Trump says he was grabbing women and they let him because he was a celebrity. It appears he assumed consent or passivity ahead of time. Since he is not asking "May I grab your XXXXXXX" in advance, why shouldn't we assume that he was groping without consent in at least some cases, and that at least SOME woman did say no?

Another consideration is his position as "boss" in some cases, or with considerable power in places like the set of the Apprentice. Some woman might have been afraid to resist or confused.

To the bold: Perhaps presumed innocence; not guilt. I think I've heard that somewhere before.

As to the Apprentice, if it is found that he used his authority to take sexual liberties; then he should be further investigated. However, his words (they many are using to condemn him) actually help him here. As he said "because you're a star", not because I have authority over them.

Please understand the difference between referent power (star power) and legitimate power (authority)
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Grope a dope: Trump is on the ropes now - bfine32 - 10-11-2016, 06:35 PM