Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are so many Hillary supporters
(10-11-2016, 08:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It really doesn't matter if he's only needs 1 if the cards fall right. 

The link below is possible (McMullin takes UT, Johnson takes NM):

http://www.270towin.com/

WTS, I think Hills and the RNC are in cahoots or at a minimum what to preserve the 2-party system so much that they are willing to hand the White House to the Dems. If it went to congress I think Hills would get it. A little firepower behind Johnson or McMullin could cloud the waters.

We'll never ditch the two-party system with our present government set up (executive divorced from legislature) and with first past the post voting. Third party/independent candidates will continue to be election spoilers and not gain any real traction until we change these things. I would love to see it happen, but the reform that will happen after this if that the RNC will move to a more top-heavy nomination process (see the DNC superdelegates) to keep this from happening again.

It really is sad how much they will fight to keep that system. With trust in government continuing to fall it will be interesting to see what happens in the coming years. The next administration could spark revolution or right the ship. I don't have much hope for the latter.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why are so many Hillary supporters - Belsnickel - 10-11-2016, 08:58 PM