Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Head coaching grades for all 32 current HC's
Somewhat off topic I suppose, but I find myself more and more dumbfounded by Bill Belichick's success as each year passes. I mean that more in a sense of awe than anything else. I just can't wrap my head around just how good of a coach he is. In my life (37 years) I've never seen anything like it. Not even anything close to it. And I can't stand the guy fwiw, I think he's perfectly described as simply as being an asshole. Such a gigantic asshole.

How in the hell does he do it? He's won with a defense and a below average offense, he's won with an offense and a below average defense. He's won with an offense designed around a strong running game, with a conservative pass offense. He's won with an offense designed with a strong pass game, with little no run game. He's won with Randy Moss at WR1, and he's won with Aaron Dobson at WR1. Corey Dillon vs Ben Jarvis Green Ellis. etc. etc.

Of course Tom Brady helps, but then he went 11-5 with Matt Cassell. And not, we prepared the entire offseason for Matt Cassell, he's getting number reps, we're building the playbook around him. The, throw him to the wolves, haven't started a game since High School, Matt Cassell.

No Gronk? No problem. You're newly inked 40 million dollar Tight End convicted of murder? No problem. You have so many injuries you have to play your WR1 (Troy Brown) both ways, and he playing CB? No problem.

They were beating the absolute tar out of the teams with Jimmy Gralapalo. They were winning with the #3 QB when he was healthy.

Year after year after year this guy just dominates this league. It doesn't matter that there's a salary cap, or that other teams get rewarded with better picks for doing worse. It doesn't matter that you give all these other coaches and staffs time to adjust and improve. He just keeps winning.

The only name I can think of enjoyed a similar run would be Red Aurbach. Other than that I got nothing that could compare. I don't know how you couldn't have as the best NFL coach of all time. Not sure who would even be close. I mean, I love Bill Walsh. He's got a great resume. But Belichick's list of accomplishments just keeps growing and growing.

All that said, **** him. Like I said earlier, he's a dick. And at the end of the day, nothing trumps being an asshole. I want only bad things to happen to him football wise from here on out.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Head coaching grades for all 32 current HC's - Wes Mantooth - 10-14-2016, 10:18 PM