Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Head coaching grades for all 32 current HC's
(10-14-2016, 10:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agree with all you said about BB. He was a completely average coach in Cleveland, so his constant success in NE is puzzling and frustrating. Parity be damned, they've had a winning record for 15 years straight. Literally the only team to sniff that kind of success in the salary cap/FA era. I honestly believe you could put the Jaguars in Patriots uniforms and Belichick would somehow get them 12 wins and a deep playoff run. Just makes you wonder what he does that's so different.

I don't know that you can call him average during his time in Cleveland.  He had a couple 7-9 seasons, but then went 11-5 and won a playoff game in his fourth year.  I believe the last team started 4-0 until Modell let is be known that the team was moving the following year.  Have you seen the list of people he had on that staff and front office?  Ozzie Newsome, Thomas Dimitroff, Scott Pioli, Nick Saban, Kirk Ferentz, Eric Mangini, Jim Schwartz...  if Cleveland would have given Modell a new stadium, and the Browns stayed there, I've always thought they would have a couple Super Bowls.

As to the genius that is Bill Belichick, it is simply unrivaled.  I was watching NFL Network the other day and they quoted some old coach in a very southern tone to describe Belichick, "he'll take his and beat yours or he'll take yours and beat his".  As Toast says, it doesn't matter what he has or what he is up against he just finds a way to get it done.  The guy has four Super Bowl wins, and is two miraculous catches away from six.  The guy is just all about winning.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Head coaching grades for all 32 current HC's - OrlandoBengal - 10-15-2016, 10:03 AM