Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last 3 Years of 1st and 2nd rounders
(10-17-2016, 07:44 AM)sonofstat Wrote: I was not impressed with the Og pick so not as surprised he's struggling...despite the Alexander hype.

The one which is looking like a bust which REALLY surprises me is Dennard.

It's rare for Lewis to call out a rookie as being impressive but he did for dennard, Zim was high on him and said he was like Leon Hall.  

I don't trust DreK and was sure by this point Dennard would have replaced him and we could let Dre go.  Not sure Dennard ever gets there....

You pretty much nailed it.  Ogbuehi is a player that I had seen struggle when he transitioned in college from one side of the line to the other.  Then, he had an injury.  I was more than a little surprised that they would take him in Round 1 (especially with the WRs and DEs available that were of need).  I remember seeing Whit struggle mightily early in his career, but I can't help but wonder if Ogbuehi has trouble adding size and strength.  If anything, after his very short rookie season, he looks thinner???  And he sure doesn't seem to be stronger.

Dennard baffles me as well.  He could be struggling due to a lack of playing time, but shouldn't he at least be a bit more assignment-safe by now?  Williams, too.  I think I underestimated just how much Vance Joseph meant to this secondary.  This defense is a bottom tier group through 6 games, and I think the scheme and coaching has a lot to do with it. 

At the root of all the problems for the defense is a lack of pass rush from the front four.  They will rarely blitz, and if the front four don't create any pressure (which is quite often), this secondary gets picked apart.  I think a lack of pass rush from MJ is a big part of the problem.  Dunlap is having at least a solid year, but Geno and MJ are disappointments.  That leads to a lot of issues on the back of the defense.  Billings could have been a big plus here, ditto Hardison.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Last 3 Years of 1st and 2nd rounders - SHRacerX - 10-17-2016, 08:02 AM