Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three militia members accused of bomb plot targeting Somali immigrants
(10-16-2016, 07:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well after almost a week you'd think one of the people around here who want to make America great again would be concerned about this.

I wonder why they aren't?

I'll respond, not because I'm one of those people you mention, but, as always, to point out why your assumptions are wrong.

If people aren't concerned about this it's because it's a one off event by deranged individuals not connected to any larger organization.  This, in itself, explains why similar acts conspired or committed by islamic extremists receives more attention, because only one of the three qualifiers I just mentioned apply.  There will always be oddball, extremist and violent people in any society.  We live in the third most populated nation on Earth, it would be surprising if things like this did not happen.  If we started a thread every time there was a gang related homicide we'd have nothing but pages of threads about it.  There was just a "mass shooting" (what the media now likes to call a gang related gunfight) in Los Angeles last week.  Where's the thread on that?  

If you're going to be concerned maybe be concerned with gang violence?  You know the factor that accounts for the majority of gun related homicides in this country.  The fact that you're apparently unconcerned about that, using your well thought out criteria that not making a thread equals not caring about something, should be far more disconcerting than "our" apparent lack of concern over three crazy white dudes.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Three militia members accused of bomb plot targeting Somali immigrants - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-17-2016, 11:27 AM