Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Head coaching grades for all 32 current HC's
(10-16-2016, 12:35 PM)TGISunday Wrote: Great work, Shake.

My only complaint is taking the coach's long ago record into a current account of their rank.  There's no perfect system, or cutoff, but there's no way in hell Pagano is better than Carroll, for example.

Thanks. As I said in the OP, this is not meant as a ranking of how good a coach is. It's a way of rating what they've accomplished through their careers. For the most part, I think the list is pretty accurate. Sure, I'd take Carroll over Pagano, but Carroll is only 1 spot behind. And if you look at their accomplishments, it's pretty close. Pagano has had a couple deep playoff runs and division titles in 3 years. It really inflated his rating. Pagano has yet to have several down years to even out his rating like Carroll has. After this year, I have no doubt that Pagano will fall behind Carroll.

@Fred's latest attempt to discredit the list: I would agree that Marv > Fisher over the last few years, but there's no doubt their careers are similar. Fisher had some very good years with McNair and even Vince Young. That was followed by a bunch of mediocrity. Marv had a bunch of mediocrity followed by some really good regular seasons (no playoff wins). Not seeing much difference.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Head coaching grades for all 32 current HC's - Shake n Blake - 10-17-2016, 01:32 PM