Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict facing league discipline
(10-17-2016, 03:08 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: You and I are usually on the same page, and I respect your opinion, but we disagree here.  Burfict has a very long history... the late hits, the nut shots, the twisting of ankles.  After the Baltimore game, he was specifically told that the league would be watching him closely.  My opinion, I think he probably should have been suspended for that hit.  If I'm Goodell and I have this history, we've told you to watch out less than a week ago, then you hit Brown, then there is all the talk on social media and news outlets where it is claimed Brown was faking, I come down hard on him too.  Again, just my opinion, but I think you have to.

The league is dealing with an image and a PR nightmare.  You have guys like Bo Jackson saying they wish they would have never played.  You must be out front with the idea that things are changing.

We're actually kinda on the same page.....except that Talib has gouged eyes, twisted people's heads on purpose, etc.  He has the same history, but he plays on a jersey seller.

I get the rest of what you're saying, and you're right, but this particular play is a non story in my opinion.  I've been hit far worse in a high school game.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Burfict facing league discipline - jj22 - 10-17-2016, 10:21 AM
RE: Burfict facing league discipline - J24 - 10-17-2016, 12:56 PM
RE: Burfict facing league discipline - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-17-2016, 03:12 PM
RE: Burfict facing league discipline - J24 - 10-17-2016, 10:01 PM
RE: Burfict facing league discipline - ah5 - 10-18-2016, 03:50 AM