Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last 3 Years of 1st and 2nd rounders
Well, here's my 2 cents.

We've approached every draft since 2011 (except one) like we're in rebuild mode for our corners and OL. And even in the one -out-of-five exception, we took a TE and a RB. One of those was definitely a BPA and a position of need, the other (Hill) was a good pick, but we already had a lot of guys on the bench. Which is the same problem we've run into and "wasted" picks the other five drafts. We keep selecting linemen and corners to play down the road because they aren't that much better than the vets on the team. Which leaves other positions woefully behind.

I don't get the concept of having significant positions needs year after year and drafting the same few positions in 5-6 years while you've got guys on the bench drafted in some cases reasonably high. Two corners each in 2012 & 2014, one each in 2015 & 2016. Three of those six are first round picks. We've also got a healthy number of linemen we've taken, but I can't remember how many off the top of my head.

The last two seasons especially have felt like the Bengals aren't looking to replace a player here and there and continue to improve. It's more like they're trying to reload and get ready for a few years down the road. Which, to me, seems like a horrible waste of the talent on this team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Last 3 Years of 1st and 2nd rounders - Benton - 10-17-2016, 04:32 PM