1 point for a win
-1 point for a loss

Playoffs
2 points for a win
-1 points for loss

Super Bowl 
3 points for a win
1 point for getting there

Say the Bengals are 12-4 on the season, that gives them 12 points for winning 12 games, minus 4 points for losses giving them 8 points for the season.

They make the playoffs losing the first playoff game subtracting 2 points from the total giving them 6 points for the season.

If they win a playoff game but lose the next game, they will get a total of 9 points on the season.

When the Patriots went 18-1 with the one resulting in the loss to the Giants in the Super Bowl, the Patriots would have accumulated 16 points for the Regular Season, 4 points for the playoffs and 1 point for making it to the Super Bowl giving them 23 total points for the season.

I think the Giants went 10-6 that season and played in the Wildcard game. They would have gotten 4 points for the season, 6 points for the playoffs and 3 points for winning the Super Bowl giving them 13 total points.

The Patriots get more points on the season because going undefeated and making it to the Super Bowl is a crazy hard thing to do.

Just an idea is all.

Not bad idears, but IMO a championship should be worth far more than 3 points, which would be 3 regular season wins. I'd also make playoff wins worth more than 2, as the stakes are higher and there are fewer games to rack up points. Championships are remembered forever and their impact on a franchise and city can't be understated. Next time I do this (it'll probably be awhile), I wouldn't mind implementing some of your ideas though, if I decide to change it up. If that's ok with you.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Head coaching grades for all 32 current HC's - Shake n Blake - 10-17-2016, 06:06 PM