Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogbuehi plugged back in as starter
(10-18-2016, 04:27 AM)Joelist Wrote: I'd still bench the entire right side of the line for at least 1 or 2 games (but not telling them how long it will be) to drive home the point that no one is entitled to their place on the field. But that would mean Marvin would actually have to be less of a "player's coach" and more one that expects and demands the best at all times - which is what the team needs.

You still don't get it.  If you bench a player in order to play a lesser player then you are just hurting the team.  You don't prove any point except that you are a stupid coach.

How do you think the QB and RBs are going to react to having to play behind worse players?

When a player is not performing then the coach has to work hard to make him better.  Just playing worse players does not help with that.  Like I said before I doubt these guys are just playing poorly because they want to play poorly.

That is like a parent telling a child who does not understand his math homework. "I am going to punish you until you understand it." in order to prove the point that not understanding math will not be tolerated.  Instead the parent has to help the child work through the problem.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ogbuehi plugged back in as starter - fredtoast - 10-18-2016, 10:18 AM