Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin on Hue: "I miss the hell out of him"
(10-18-2016, 03:59 PM)bengals67 Wrote: we have not lost games because of the OC- though I am sick of running on first down even 50% of the time and usually getting 2 yards at most.

( Let's make sure we run for no gain on first down and piut Andy in the worst possible position behind our below average O line)

we have lost these games because are two lines have been dominated and outplayed.

The OC is, at least somewhat, responsible for the play of his OL.  Anyone and anything that falls under the umbrella of offense falls under the command of the OC.  If he didn't share any responsibility in their performance then logic would hold true with every single position group.  Passing game does nothing?  Don't blame the OC, blame the QB coach and WR coach.

It's his responsibility to put all of his guys in the best position he can to succeed.  That may mean certain plays or schemes to take advantage of personnel.  It may mean a gameplan that minimizes certain weaknesses, or maximizes certain strengths.

At the end of the day, it's him job to use the players he's been given to produce the very best that he can.  Sometimes that might require some creativity and adjustment.  If something isn't working you either fix it or you find another way to do it.  I don't think that's happening as much as it should be.

We have no offensive identity.  The playcalling looks more reactionary than us dictating our will.  There doesn't seem to be a whole of consistency in what we do.  Simply put, just watching this offense tells me that he's not doing  a great job.  And the statistics back it up.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin on Hue: "I miss the hell out of him" - Wes Mantooth - 10-18-2016, 04:12 PM