Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogbuehi plugged back in as starter
From my viewpoint, this is tough. Ced has been thoroughly out-manned all year so far, but the question is do you let the young man get through his "growing pains" of being a starting tackle in the NFL? Or bench him and maybe further impede his development/confidence?

I don't disagree with the people wanting the guy benched, I mean his play speaks for itself so far. But the flip side is he is still young and inexperienced and maybe sticking with him a little longer will result in him being a more productive OL. The tackle position (be it RT and obvs. LT) is one of those "learn on the job" types and most young guys struggle when having to face edge pass rushers at full game speed series after series, week after week. Perhaps Ced just needs more game action.

Of course the alternative may also be 100% true in that maybe he just isn't that good. My point being, I think it is a bit early to write him off. But obviously he needs to show VAST improvement and very, very soon at that. I would put him back as the starter and just see if he is making ANY improvement that could point to him being a viable NFL level starting tackle. Just my opinion.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ogbuehi plugged back in as starter - JumboTron - 10-18-2016, 06:20 PM