Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last 3 Years of 1st and 2nd rounders
(10-17-2016, 02:39 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: "They don't need to draft players who need to contribute quickly. The Bengals can draft BPA, that's what the good teams do. The Bengals are the deepest team in the league."  -Everyone who kept pshaw-ing at the utter lack of production from the Bengals drafts the last handful of years whenever I pointed out that the Bengals hadn't been drafting very well for awhile now.

After the Gio pick in the beginning of the 2nd round of 2013, it's been pretty barren.

Not drafting any good players for 3 3/4th drafts, refusing to use FA, and then losing Nelson/Jones this offseason finally caught up with the Bengals.

For the amount of money we paid Lafell over what we Jones would have cost I do see much difference when you compare the first six games of Lafell being a #2 target and Jones being a #1 target.. not much differences... Lafell has 23 catches on 37 targets and 3 TDs.. Marvin has 29 catches on 47 targets and 4 TDS.. Jones has a clear edge in YPC but again for the money difference and Lafell being a true #2... looks like to me the Bengals have gotten the better of the deal so far.

As for Nelson, i agree it hurts losing him but again we can;t sign everyone but his impact is missed
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Last 3 Years of 1st and 2nd rounders - Essex Johnson - 10-18-2016, 09:03 PM