Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Pharaoh, Exodus, God, and the Meme that started an argument
(10-18-2016, 10:38 AM)Dill Wrote: Is he whimsically picking whom he "wants to harden" too? 

Seems like God "hardens" folks and then condemns them to everlasting torment for His decision.

And when we get to this point his ways are just too deep to fathom or question.  Just believe.

I don't think the hardening of Pharaohs heart is too deep to understand. The idea that God literally hardened pharaohs heart is largely a Calvanist view. I don't believe God literally hardened his heart, but figuratively did. God's actions against pharaoh caused his heart to become hardened towards God because pharaoh believed he was greater than God. When God was saying "I will hardened pharaohs heart" I liken it to a judge giving someone a prison sentence in a court room and that person lashes out in anger and the judge saying "And I made him angry". The judge didn't literally make him angry, but the sentence which came from the judge made him angry, therefore the judge "made him angry".

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Pharaoh, Exodus, God, and the Meme that started an argument - Matt_Crimson - 10-19-2016, 10:28 AM