Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
it's high time we moved on from Whitworth
(10-12-2016, 11:33 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I get what the OP is saying.  You want to move on from a player a year early rather than a year late.  It's one of the things Belichick is best at, he always seems to know when to trade or release a guy.  That said, you don't do so when you don't have a replacement.  Chances are that you're already going to be replacing Zeitler and I don't think anyone really knows what we have in Oguehi or Fisher at this point.  Right there you've got two first round picks and a second.  Add in your best lineman, even if you are trying to avoid his decline, and it's just too much to try.

More or less. But it's also because I think it's what's best for both parties. Letting Whitworth shed blood elsewhere might revitalize him for an additional year so he can make that $.  Also, if we get much needed coaching changes, it could be hard for him to readjust from a system where he spent his entire career. Need new blood.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: it's high time we moved on from Whitworth - THE Bigzoman - 10-24-2016, 07:00 PM