Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The issues that face the Nation
(10-25-2016, 12:58 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: How about this, does anyone think there is any laws that need to be repealed that are on the books?

I'll start.
No US City/law enforcement agency should be allowed to protect/release Illegal immigrants that have committed crimes. NCIS/ICE/DHS should be notified immediately and the deportation process should begin.

Normally I'm a fan of repealing more laws, but sometimes we need more. Like one that ties federal legislator pay to long-term economic health, and implements term limits for Congress.

As far as repealing those, that's state and local laws, not really federal, which is what I think bfine was referring to. As far as the theme of the thread goes, though, I don't care about illegal immigrants. If that's on a list of the top 15 problems facing this country, I'll almost always rank it 15th. Somewhere below local nuisance ordinances but above my interest of pardoning the White House turkey every year. It's a giant distraction from actual real problems the country is facing and the real stab in the eye is — as has been discussed on this board before — it's a problem that's easily solved. Fund ICE and DHs at the levels required to execute existing laws. That's it. If it takes 50 people to do a job efficiently, fund it at 51 instead of saying "we need across the board cuts" and funding it at 47.5 FTEs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
The issues that face the Nation - bfine32 - 10-25-2016, 11:50 AM
RE: The issues that face the Nation - Benton - 10-25-2016, 02:25 PM
RE: The issues that face the Nation - xxlt - 10-25-2016, 01:55 PM
RE: The issues that face the Nation - xxlt - 10-25-2016, 09:53 PM
RE: The issues that face the Nation - xxlt - 10-25-2016, 09:51 PM