Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton playing better than last year.
(10-25-2016, 12:14 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I believe Dalton and Luck are neck and neck stats wise so to say one is overrated is kinds silly and i'm no Luck fan. I mean last i looked he doesn't have much to work with either.

Agree that neither is working with much,  but I think the point is public perception. Andy is still viewed as a joke, while Luck is still highly respected. I'd say that if you bring up a Luck vs Dalton debate anywhere but here, 90% of casual fans around the league would laugh hysterically. Yet their performance is similar. I'd argue Dalton has surpassed him over the last couple years.

(10-25-2016, 12:24 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I'm not saying that I would take Luck over Dalton, but he has had significantly less to work with during his career.

Less? Maybe. Significantly less? No. Dalton has actually been sacked at a slightly higher rate. Both have had pretty awful run game to help them out. Andy's stud receiver is better than Andrew's stud WR. Both have had good, not great play at TE. Both have had a mixed bag at #2 WR. I'd say reality hasn't quite matched the media-driven public perception of how great Andy has had it or how bad Luck has had it. It's much closer than many think, IMO. Andy has had a significantly better defense for the most part, I'll give you that, although that has little bearing on their individual performance. I'd take Luck's coaches over the Andy's. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dalton playing better than last year. - Shake n Blake - 10-25-2016, 02:55 PM