Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton playing better than last year.
(10-25-2016, 02:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agree that neither is working with much,  but I think the point is public perception. Andy is still viewed as a joke, while Luck is still highly respected. I'd say that if you bring up a Luck vs Dalton debate anywhere but here, 90% of casual fans around the league would laugh hysterically. Yet their performance is similar. I'd argue Dalton has surpassed him over the last couple years.

Less? Maybe. Significantly less? No. Dalton has actually been sacked at a slightly higher rate. Both have had pretty awful run game to help them out. Andy's stud receiver is better than Andrew's stud WR. Both have had good, not great play at TE. Both have had a mixed bag at #2 WR. I'd say reality hasn't quite matched the media-driven public perception of how great Andy has had it or how bad Luck has had it. It's much closer than many think, IMO. Andy has had a significantly better defense for the most part, I'll give you that, although that has little bearing on their individual performance. I'd take Luck's coaches over the Andy's. 

I'm not sure I'd take pagano over lewis in all honesty. 

Luck has also had the benefit of playing all home games out of the elements.  I think luck has more physical gifts but Andy is developing the leadership skills necessary to take over a team.  I also think Andy is smarter with the ball.  

Both are good, and 31/32 teams would likely take luck before Andy on name recognition and draft status alone, but I would take Andy personally.  I think Andy may be one of he most mentally tough football players I have seen in a long time.  He hasn't always played great and even regressed at time, but it looks like he is only getting better.  Maybe aj mccarron playing so well last year was finally some sort of competition Andy needed to elevate his game. 

Whatever the case may be, I like dalton, he is a great football player, teammate, husband, person.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dalton playing better than last year. - Bengalbug - 10-25-2016, 03:02 PM