Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton playing better than last year.
(10-26-2016, 04:09 AM)Wyche Wrote: He ain't new.....his panties are still in a bunch over the extension...and not taking Derek Carr instead.

Really? I have never understood Fresno B, i guess this is a big reason why.

(10-26-2016, 04:18 AM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO ......2014....new OC...missing weapons....shaky o line play....."stats are bad.....see....he can't carry a team....Dalton sucks....I told you !"

2015......crickets.

2016....new OC....missing/rookie weapons....horrible o line play.....shitty defense.....but putting up good numbers and keeping us in games...."stats aren't relevant !"

You can't make this shit up. LMAO  .....keep movin those goalposts boys....it sure is fun to watch.

I don't think there's more than possibly one person on here that cares more about the success of ANY player versus the team.  However....it sure appears there are still a few that wishes the QB would fail regardless of how it effects the team.

Sure seems like there is a bias against Dalton from certain posters for sure.

(10-26-2016, 08:38 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: The reason there are so many threads about how well Dalton is playing is because he can't get a fair shake from fans of his own team. No matter how well he performs, he doesn't get the credit he deserves. I browse message boards of other teams and I don't see every pass scrutinized like fans do with Dalton. Even the almighty Andrew Luck underthrows passes and misses receivers. I guess people don't watch other games because EVERY QB misses throws or doesn't see open receivers sometimes. For some reason, Dalton deserves hate and criticism for it, but every other QB gets a pass.

Dalton is held to some kind of unattainable standard by some Bengals fans. No matter what he does, it's not good enough and it never will be. He's a very good QB who continues to improve. I honestly have no idea what's not to like. He makes the team better. The only player I would say helps make Dalton better is Green. That's it. I've said for years that Dalton makes the OLine look better than they are with his quick release. The guy can do it all. He has given Bengals fans every reason to love him and be a fan, but some just simply refuse.

Don't understand it. Dalton is one of the top 10 (atleast) QB's in the NFL and could be top 5 with a decent OL.

Great post Muskie.
(10-26-2016, 09:43 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: I wish we had Pittsburgh's o-line, or even their o-line coach.  The pocket they create is just sickening.  If Landry Jones was anything they would've beaten the Pats.  And btw that's why Pig Pen always gets hurt, their line gives him so much time he sits back there moving around so long bad things happen. 

Yeah, Pitt's O-line looks good, especially the inside. But they do hold a lot, doubt the OL would get away with that here...

(10-26-2016, 11:03 AM)GodFather Wrote: Ive been hard on Dalton at the beginning of his career, but this guy has heart and turned into something special. He has done everything you would ask for in a QB these past two years. He has one of the quickest releases in the NFL and STILL is getting sacked because of the lack of time he has with this mess of an offensive line.

There are plenty of issues this team currently has...the QB position isn't one of them.

Here is a good post from an unbiased Bengal fan about Dalton.

I have had my questions about Dalton too, but he has silenced me cause he can play well like he has this year with an even worse OL than in 2014. He didn't have many weapons in 2014 but i thought that he needed them in order to succeed, this year he shown he can play great with a new Wideout in Lafell, a rookie in Boyd and a turnstyle for an O-line. Don't know of another QB that could do this right now.

Maybe Brees who i compared Dalton to coming out of college.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dalton playing better than last year. - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-26-2016, 12:53 PM