Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The issues that face the Nation
(10-28-2016, 12:48 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: There is data to support that more Mexicans are leaving the US than entering (http://www.pewhispanic.org/2015/11/19/more-mexicans-leaving-than-coming-to-the-u-s/). Offsetting this is the increase of Indian and Chinese immigration, far outpacing recent years of Mexican immigration. 

The caused me to wonder about the total cost of illegal immigration, which according to this: http://www.fairus.org/publications/the-fiscal-burden-of-illegal-immigration-on-united-states-taxpayers is $113 billion total, $84 billion being at the state and local level, and $29 billion for Federal. One number that jumped out was the $52 billion cost for educating the children of illegal immigrants. This report shows tax receipts of $9.5 billion for Federal, and app. $4 billion for state and local from illegal aliens. 

What I'm looking for now is an accurate report assessing where the holes are in our current law that is preventing getting these numbers under control, and what is being done to improve the situation other than yapping on and on about building a wall.

(10-28-2016, 03:28 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Not much. Unlike Trump I am aware that most immigrants are not criminals in that sense.  They just want to earn money to send home.  Illegal immigrants are generally hard working and law abiding people.  That doesn't change my point at all though.

I was just looking at it from the possible angle of if they CAN'T get home easily or thinking of situations where people get desperate if they have nothing to go back to.

I agree that most would simply leave, as many already have.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
The issues that face the Nation - bfine32 - 10-25-2016, 11:50 AM
RE: The issues that face the Nation - xxlt - 10-25-2016, 01:55 PM
RE: The issues that face the Nation - xxlt - 10-25-2016, 09:53 PM
RE: The issues that face the Nation - xxlt - 10-25-2016, 09:51 PM
RE: The issues that face the Nation - GMDino - 10-28-2016, 03:32 PM