Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player you had high hopes for but did not work out.
I must also say Thurman, because his problems weren't injury related. ....I could say Big Daddy Wilkenson, but many would argue. Ohio State Fans and Bengals Fans would say he wasn't bad. I just expected more out of the first player taken in the draft by all the teams. We passed on everybody else to get him. When you look at all the players we passed up in the draft to take him....but, at the time, I was all for drafting him. Chris Collinsworth then on WLW Radio was not for drafting him and the players he mentioned before the draft had better careers. I was wrong and Collinsworth was right. .....but since many will say Big Daddy shouldn't be judged on being the first pick in the draft, then I will say Thurman. We lost Pollack to injury and we could not afford to lose Thurman to suspensions also. That set Marvin and the teams rebuilding project way back at linebacker. We drafted 2 linebackers and a year later didn't have either one. ...I'm also not sure what happen to Rivers who we drafted to replace them....This stuff has hurt Bengals at linebacker and plays into why play-off Jets and Chargers ran the ball right up our Bengals.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Player you had high hopes for but did not work out. - kevin - 07-16-2015, 08:09 PM