Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I think a lot of you over estimate and over value just how much the Bengals care
(11-02-2016, 10:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think part of the problem is that these athletes get pampered from the time they're in high school. Coaches and recruiters kissing their asses, fans kissing their asses, getting paid millions... The hunger and passion is harder to get out of them because they're spoiled. Only great coaches can motivate them consistently.

It also hurts the Bengals that there's no accountability. The GM will never fire himself. The HC has kept his job when he said he would have fired himself. Underperforming position coaches keep jobs for 20 years. Way too much comfort. It spreads down to players as well. Players who keep their jobs despite mediocre play.

Now if you're a player and you see all of this, what's your motivation to push extra hard? When you see everyone from the top down getting by on mediocre? Terrell Owens nailed it way back in 2010..."The problems start from the top down".

Spoiled my ass.  The guys in the NFL are the hardest workers on their high school and college teams.  They sacrifice their bodies and play with injuries.  They are among the most competitive and highly motivated men in the world.

They also have massive egos that drive them to win at all costs.  They hate getting beaten while on a stage ion front of thousands of people in the stands and millions of people on TV.

I played high school football with a guy who played in the NFL (Alan Wengilkowski) and I played college football with two guys who made it to the NFL (Van Williams, Boyce Green).  I also was acquainted with Fred Weary when he played for the Vols. They were the hardest working guys on their team.  Thay played hurt and they were far from "spoiled".
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I think a lot of you over estimate and over value just how much the Bengals care - fredtoast - 11-03-2016, 06:23 PM