Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How sexism drives support for Donald Trump
(11-04-2016, 04:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Because they asked questions that they automatically determined if you answered yes to, then you're sexist.
“Many women are actually seeking special favors, such as hiring policies that favor them over men, under the guise of asking for equality.”

Not saying I agree with the entirety of the statement, but women were celebrating "equality" when the Army allowed women into combat jobs. How many of them are also advocating "equality" by trying to make it so women have to sign up for Selective Services? None? Yet if you say yes to that, you are sexist in their survey.

Thus if you're a Trump supporter (I am not), you are voting for Trump (I am not) because you are sexist (I am not).

The point of such questions is to reveal bias. The question about women "seeking special favors" rather than equality seems like a good start. Appeals for equality do appear to sexists as appeals for special rights.

I don't grasp your second point. Of course, you might likely be sexist if you answered "none" to your second question, since women advocating for equality do indeed think women should sign up for the selective service if men have to.
http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2016-06-22/its-time-for-women-to-register-for-the-draft

Who would answer "none" except someone who supposed women are angling for favors rather than rights and the responsibilities which come with them? I.e., a sexist.

The article doesn't suggest that everyone voting for Trump is a sexist. Rather, if you are sexist, then Trump's rhetoric will seem attractive, or if sexism is a problem low on your priorities, his sexism will not bother you enough to reject him as a candidate.

It is very difficult, though, to imagine why someone who thinks women's equality is an important value would vote for Trump.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: How sexism drives support for Donald Trump - Dill - 11-04-2016, 09:11 PM