Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like Vigil, Gilberry and Dennard will get more playing time
(11-08-2016, 06:37 PM)kacymcbryant18 Wrote: My sentiments exactly.  Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part but gotta believe that Hobson is just assuming here.  I'll wait to hear word from practice tomorrow before I take it as gospel that Dennard is starting over Shaw.

I could be way, way, way off base but I really believe that Dennard will be stealing snaps away from Pacman. 

I don't believe Dennard will be taking snaps from Pacman unless we are out of the playoff race or if Pacman has a significant drop off like Newman did in 2014.

It's frustrating that the coaches are not using their players to the best of their abilities and working with their strengths. Dennard is not a slot guy. Never has been, not even in college. Shaw, on the other hand, has been throughout his career at USC. He even saw snaps as a safety.

Heck, look how they use Dansby. They use him in man coverage, and Dansby has ALWAYS been a zone coverage linebacker. They're not using him to his strengths and I believe that's a big part of his drop off.

There's also major communication errors in the secondary. We've seen a few times (especially the TD in London) where one corneberack plays zone and the other plays man, and there's a breakdown in the secondary.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looks like Vigil, Gilberry and Dennard will get more playing time - wolfkaosaun - 11-08-2016, 07:45 PM