Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congratulations President Elect, Donald Trump!
(11-10-2016, 09:33 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: I'm not getting why people are demonstrating. It seems counterproductive to me. Are they demonstrating because they feel President-elect Trump is a scumbag? Newsflash: At least half of the people who voted FOR Trump think he is a scumbag (and the other half aren't so sure about him). And he still won. Sort of reminds me of Bill Clinton (Democrats: "Yes he is a scumbag. But he is our scumbag!"). Americans electing scumbags is nothing new. Look at Nixon...

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. They vandalized the GOP offices in Richmond and the VA Dems have been helping with the cleanup. There is no need for this sort of stuff. It's concerning because the losers are acting out, and some of the winners are doing some heinous things as well. This is a concerning time and I think that people will calm down. I get that there is going to be a period of grieving for people, but it doesn't need to involve violence, intimidation, harassment, and destruction.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Congratulations President Elect, Donald Trump! - Belsnickel - 11-10-2016, 11:42 AM