Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So WAS this a repudiation of "politics as usual"?
(11-10-2016, 01:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What exactly does "not being accepting" mean? I think we should strive to educate and allow our State and National laws set the perimeters. For instance I think marriage is between a man and a woman; however, I treat homosexuals no differen and "accept" them. The laws of the nation state they can marry and I support that.  

You call someone bigot, racist, homophobe, ect...is no different than refering to anyone else by any other slur. They are going to be unreceptive of the message that follows.

I'm speaking about people we know personally.  Not a generalization of an entire group.

I can tell my boss he says racist things because he does.  He won't deny it.  He doesn't like the word "racist" but he doesn't deny his words.

So I don't accept that from him.  And he's not going to listen to my message about race anyway because he has his set world view.

I can accept him...just barely.  He's a dbag in many other ways.   Smirk

If she had said "...in general anyone who is supporting Trump who already have racist or sexist views are bad people and I don't think they will care about my message" would that have been a better way to get the thought across?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: So WAS this a repudiation of "politics as usual"? - GMDino - 11-10-2016, 02:09 PM