Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So WAS this a repudiation of "politics as usual"?
(11-10-2016, 02:20 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Unfortunately for Democrats, that process takes decades to build and, as a result, takes a massive commitment and patience. The only way a political party develops those traits is from political disaster such as Watergate. I'm not sure that this election qualifies (though it should, IMO).

This is a fundamental lesson in life. When one group tries to beat another group down, the second group arises stronger. That which doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

Unfortunate - yes, but no less real. The party has little choice at this point. A change to ideal leadership is sorely needed now, since what's been in place has failed miserably. This is a present day Watergate to me because values are at stake now, that is if any politician left has an interest in such things. The public just might respond well to a party that addresses the corruption that has already been exposed, and proves it has learned a hard lesson.

To me, anything less will be more of the same, and we just saw how people felt about that concept.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]

Messages In This Thread
RE: So WAS this a repudiation of "politics as usual"? - wildcats forever - 11-10-2016, 02:50 PM