Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone explain to me.... (regarding Trump)
(11-14-2016, 04:29 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This sort of thinking just baffles me. Maybe someone else can clarify but I am genuinely interested in gaining an understanding as to why Donald Trump is getting so much hate from minorities and the LGBT community.

I'd guess it's fear.

Rightful fear? I don't know, neither do they. He does not really qualify as an ally in the fight against sexism or racism. Your grabbing video example is one out of more. There's the announced sueing of accusers, there's calling women disgusting or miss piggy or bleeding out of their whatever or good old body shaming. There's the linking of Mexican immigrants to rape and murder. People like us never are the targets of such demeaning talk, so I figure it's hard for us to understand or judge.

And there ARE racists and misogynists out there. Not saying Trump is necessarily a racist or a misogynist (one probably can not know for sure, which is not the best thing), but probably all racist people of misogynists voted Trump (because who else) and they certainly feel like gaining momentum. They might as well feel like voicing their opinion and living by it more openly now. Fears might be exaggerated, but they are not completely irrational.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can someone explain to me.... (regarding Trump) - hollodero - 11-14-2016, 04:51 PM