Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those that want a HC change....
(11-15-2016, 05:14 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Mike isn't gonna fire Marvin during the season, so that scenario is very unrealistic. Will he fire him after the season is over? Probably not, but at least it's a bit more probable.

If Marvin was let go, there are 5 names that I think could be realistic candidates to replace him...

Brian Billick - He has stated that he would like to be a head coach again, and he's someone that I think could co-exist with Mike. 
Matt Patricia - Very smart guy, has shown great ability to adapt and of course, is a Belichick disciple.
Vance Joseph - They were very high on him when he was here and blocked him from going to Denver at one point.
Kyle Shanahan - A young, but experienced coordinator who seems primed for a HCing opportunity.
Josh McDaniels - Yes, he failed in his first gig as HC, but is someone I could see Mike/Katie being interested in.

I think these guys would all be realistic options. 3 of them are looking to become head coaches for the first time, the other 2 are trying to get back there. All would be affordable and I think all would jump at the opportunity.

Personally, I would probably want Matt or Vance as the two I want the hardest look at. Maybe throw Kyle in there as your third option. Think Josh is just a good o-cord, don't think Billick would want to come here (just a gut feeling). 

Also think Teryl Austin and probably my favorite long-shot guy would be Sean McDermott as good candidates. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: For those that want a HC change.... - Hoofhearted - 11-15-2016, 06:34 PM