Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Benefits From Donald Trump's Tax Plan?
(11-15-2016, 01:22 AM)Benton Wrote: I don't fault Trump for decreasing taxes to his bracket. I do fault anyone who thought he was going to decrease taxes to their braket (unless they're billionaires, in which case they probably aren't posting here).

The Farmer and the Viper is one of Aesop's Fables, numbered 176 in the Perry Index.[1] It has the moral that kindness to the evil will be met by betrayal and is the source of the idiom 'to nourish a viper in one's bosom'.  The story concerns a farmer who finds a viper freezing in the snow. Taking pity on it, he picks it up and places it within his coat. The viper, revived by the warmth, bites his rescuer, who dies realizing that it is his own fault. The snake answers the farmer's demand for an explanation with a counter-question, "Did you not know that there is enmity and natural antipathy between your kind and mine? Did you not know that a serpent in the bosom, a mouse in a bag and fire in a barn give their hosts an ill reward?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who Benefits From Donald Trump's Tax Plan? - fredtoast - 11-16-2016, 04:34 AM