Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Trump Save Their Jobs? They’re Counting on It
(11-17-2016, 08:42 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Who knows? One thing is for certain, you don't know what he will do anymore than the next person.

That is true. However. His whole personal history is not a sign of confidence. Changes of heart seldomly happen in the age of 70. They might, but it's unlikely. The far bigger point to me is: Appointing his children to keep running his business - while giving the Ivanka husband full access to everything and all that - is a really awful sign. Fears that he might not be trusted are not exaggerated, albeit them being of course still speculative at this point. Maybe the tiger doesn't eat the baby either, but I'd still be very worried about the baby were it now in the tiger's den.

But I'd say the American public should watch very very closely what the ongoing deep connections to his business will bring. Who is getting the assignment of building the wall? Who benefits from the tariffs and whose competition doesn't? Might the winner be the guy whose whole life agenda is about winning, about personal gain, who claims it's smart to not pay taxes, who won't hand out his tax returns? Trump didn't do the slightest thing to make him appear trustworthy. He did a lot of things that make him appear the opposite. That one really seems hard to deny. While one might admit that we all don't know, you might as well admit that it's more than appropriate to be sceptical and, as I said, watch real close here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Trump Save Their Jobs? They’re Counting on It - hollodero - 11-17-2016, 09:05 PM